Practice Your Business Pitch
Are you ready to receive feedback on your business? Sign up for a Practice Pitch event. The goal is for you to tap into a variety of business expertise and gain valuable insights, in a short amount of time.
Pitch Practice Event Format
90 minutes total
Virtual, two-way video call on Zoom
Over the course of 90 minutes, each Entrepreneur will have the opportunity to meet with a variety of mentors. Each Entrepreneur will be placed in a Zoom Breakout Room. Every 15 minutes, the Mentors will rotate. The event will start promptly on time, and finish with a 15-minute group debrief.
Example Pitch Practice Event Schedule:
- Example Event Start Time: 1:00pm
- Zoom Waiting Room will open 15 minutes prior to the Event Start
- 1:00pm-1:15pm – 1:1 Entrepreneur / Mentor Session 1
- 1:15pm-1:30pm – 1:1 Entrepreneur / Mentor Session 2
- 1:30pm-1:45pm – 1:1 Entrepreneur / Mentor Session 3
- 1:45pm-2:00pm – 1:1 Entrepreneur / Mentor Session 4
- 2:00pm-2:15pm – 1:1 Entrepreneur / Mentor Session 5
- 2:15pm-2:30pm – Group Debrief and Adjourn
Getting Started with Your Pitch
Keep in mind your business pitch will be unique and specific to you. Don’t get caught up in the tiny details – these examples are primarily for reference.
Examples of Pitch Deck / Slide Presentations:
- Pitch Outline.pdf – This is one way you could outline it – but there are others so don’t feel stuck to this.
Examples of Live Pitch Presentations
- gener8tor gBeta Bronze Valley Accelerator Pitch Night (Summer 2021) – https://youtu.be/Ece1WSUUUEg
Examples of Video Pitch Presentations
To get help with preparing to practice your pitch, please contact your Longwood Small Business Development Consultant or email firstname.lastname@example.org.