Eric Weissmann on the Value of Variety in Ecosystem Building
When you look at ecosystems in nature, like the rainforest, for example, it’s not all tall trees but a variety of different species that come together to create a bigger landscape. The same goes for our regional ecosystems. It takes every one of every size to come together and win as a whole. In this episode of Entrepreneurship on the RISE Podcast, is about the value of variety in ecosystem building
In this episode of Entrepreneurship on the RISE Podcast, Jacob and Lauren, joined by their guest Eric Weissmann, Executive Director of NEXT, are sharing the importance of having variety and diversity in all areas of an ecosystem and how we can adopt this community mindset to put our efforts together and make our ecosystem successful for the benefit of all participants.
- Using a campaign mentality to break your goals down into milestones, so you’re focusing your energy in the right places and avoiding getting stuck in activity vs. productivity.
- How ecosystem building is like chili- everyone uses different recipes and ingredients, but we still get to the same outcome at the end of the day.
- How Eric’s work as a bridge spanner is focused on educating people that when they work together, everyone wins.
- Highlighting the smaller companies that, as a whole, contribute quite significantly to the GDP of the country and have an impact on ecosystem development.
- The importance of diversity (in all areas) as we enter into this new age of lifestyle expectations.
- The game of business attraction to a region shifting to talent attraction.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag us! And don’t forget to follow, rate, and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
CONNECT WITH ERIC WEISSMANN:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Team of Teams by General Stanley McChrystal