Brandon Hennessey on Leveraging Data to Support Entrepreneurs
It is important not just to look at data for what it is but to craft a narrative with the data and allow it to lead us toward innovation and growth. This week, season 2 episode 10 of Entrepreneurship on the RISE Podcast is about leveraging data to support entrepreneurs!
In this episode of Entrepreneurship on the RISE Podcast, Jacob and Lauren, joined by their guest Brandon Hennessey are sharing how we can take data and craft a story from the information it is giving us to grow as an ecosystem. We also discuss the intersection of the small business development center model with ecosystem building at a regional level in a rural landscape.
SBDC Director of Innovation, Research and Entrepreneurship Brandon Hennessey sees every new business as a work in progress. It’s not just a figure of speech for Hennessey — he started his career as an art teacher.
Hennessey, who has a degree in visual art, painting and drawing with a concentration in education, later received a Master of Business Administration degree from Longwood University.
- The ways in which the Longwood Small Business Development Center serves a large geographic region.
- How the idea for the SEED Innovation Hub has evolved over time to become what it is today.
- Brandon’s background as a technical artist and educator and how this weaves into his role as an ecosystem builder.
- The impact that the rise in AI will have on small business owners.
- How we can use data points and KPIs to determine growth in our region.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to post in your stories and tag us! And don’t forget to follow, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about RISE Collaborative at https://sovarise.com/
CONNECT WITH BRANDON HENNESSEY:
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: